Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
Celebrating its 18th edition, the Fantasia International Film Festival returns to Concordia’s Hall theatre from July 17 to August 5. Since its first edition in 1996, the festival’s ever-growing popularity has attracted the attention of the international film industry alongside a legion of attendees from across the world. Over 125,000 festival-goers attended Fantasia in 2013, and the festival has attracted over 1.4 million spectators over its duration, establishing Fantasia as an event with long-term benefits for films both big and small. Our website attracted 775, 000 page views by more than 90,000 unique visitors in the summer of 2013.
Every facet of the filmmaking chain is increasingly represented with in-person delegates at the festival — directors, actors, producers, studio representatives, distributors and festival programmers, who get to experience the legendarily enthusiastic, taste-making audience of Fantasia. While already widely considered to be one of the largest and most influential fantastic film festivals in the world, Fantasia looks forward to expanding on its achievements with more visiting filmmakers, industry attendees, global media impact, original critical writing through a monthly web magazine, and the introduction of a film market that will enable independent media artists to exchange ideas and to connect with patrons and audiences alike.
Our 2013 Edition at a Glance
From July 18 to August 6, 2013, the Fantasia International Film Festival held its 17th edition at the Imperial Cinema, Concordia University, Cinémathèque Québécoise, Place des Arts, Société des Arts Technologiques (SAT) as well as in the Quartier des Spectacles (entertainment district). The festival notably generated the following results:
- More than 125,000 film goers in 2013 (vs 109,000 in 2012);
- 131 feature films from 25 countries, 100 of them presented as a premiere on our market;
- 220 short films from 20 countries presented notably throughout some 15 thematic short programs;
- 139 paying screenings, including 84 sold out screenings (60%);
- 16% of our audience are tourists or excursionists;
- Six Québec feature films, including the world premieres of Robert Morin’s LES 4 SOLDATS, and of the new restored version of Jean-Claude Lauzon’s UN ZOO LA NUIT;
- Three films which had their Canadian premieres at Fantasia in 2013 find themselves in the running for “Best Foreign Language Film” at the Academy Awards: The Great Passage (Japan), Broken Circle Breakdown (Belgium) et Metro Manilla (UK);
- More than 100 Québec filmmakers present for the 5th edition of the Fantastique Weekend du court-métrage québécois;
- The production of the Fantasia Internationl Film Market and of the Frontières international coproduction market, in collaboration with the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF) and with the financial contribution of MEDIA MUNDOS, Téléfilm Canada, the SODEC, the QFTC (Québec Film and Television Council) and the Montreal Film and TV Comission;
- 11 conferences opened to the general public including master classes from filmmakers Bryan Singer and PODZ;
- 546 industry accreditations (directors, producers, actors buyers and programmers);
- 257 accreditated journalists, including 51 medias from outside our province;
- A Facebook community of some 12,000 friends;
- More than 90,000 unique visitors on our 2013’s site, more than 775,000 visited pages (an average of 8 pages viewed by visitor), a average of 132 minutes per visit and a 40 % proportion of visitors from outside the Montreal region.
The Fantasia film festival offers an unprecedented promotional opportunity for reaching loyal, enthusiastic, educated adult consumers. This powerful and unique opportunity guarantees high visibility, not only among Fantasia’s large and sought-after audience but also through a targeted provincial and national advertising campaign.
- Prominent visibility reaching with a media blitz including television spots, a strong Internet presence, subway and bus shelter posters, and a high-profile print campaign
- Logo placement on the cover of our program guides on sale across the province, notably through SuperClub Vidéotron and HMV
- Advertisements strategically placed in our program guide
- Your ad on our free complimentary DVD included with each program guide
- The privilege of sponsoring specific films
- Commercials on our big screens before selected films
- Logo placement on our transit advertising campaign in the Montreal subway system and strategically located in some 50 bus shelters across downtown Montreal
- It is a possible to sponsor or be associated with a specific section of the festival’s program;
- Visibility and links on our Web site
- VIP passes and tickets to Fantasia for your clients and/or employees
- Your logo on our eye-catching, full-colour banner, located in the centre of downtown Montreal
- The possibility of realizing promotional activities during the event.
Fantasia’s official program is composed of more than 380 color pages printed on glossy paper. In 2012, more than an 100 advertisers and sponsors, many of which have been with us since the earliest edition, have taken advantage of this advertising opportunity. The program is on sale for $5.00 (suggested retail price) throughout Québec, available in chains such as HMV and SuperClub Vidéotron, and includes a DVD of the trailers of films presented during the festival as well as our sponsors’ publicity spots.
2013 Fantasia Sponsors & Partners
2013 Presenting sponsors
Sympatico.ca and Ubisoft Divertissement
2013 Partner sponsors
Admission, Anchor Bay, ARRQ, Archambault, Barefoot Wine, Cinémathèque Québécoise, Concept Audio Visuel, Concordia University, Contact Images, Entreprise Vidéo Service, GURU, HMV, Mc Auslan, MTY - Thai Express, Le Nouvel Hôtel, One Chuck, Post moderne, Simpléchic / le Local, Société des Arts Technologiques (SAT), Spira Films, STM, Studio Mokko, SuperClub Vidéotron, Taxi Diamond, UDA and UMEN Digital.
2013 Media partners
24 images, Cinébulles, Coco Montreal, Convergence /Le Lien Multimédia, L’Écran Fantastique, Fugues, The Gazette, Journal 24h, Korean Newsweek, Mad Movies (France), Panorama Cinéma, Qui fait Quoi, La Revue du Cinéma Beaubien / Cinéma du Parc, Rue Morgue, Safarir, Séquences and Voir
FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DE FILMS FANTASIA
3450 Saint-Denis, suite 307
Montréal (Québec) H2X 3L3
Tél. : (514) 876-1760
King-Wei Chu, Robert Del Tredici, Vincent Fréchette, Renaud Sakelaris, Isabelle Stephen