Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
In July of 2013, the Fantasia will celebrate its 17th edition. Since its inception in 1996, the Fantasia International Film Festival is now recognized as the largest and most influential event of its kind in North America, a leader on the genre film scene and one of the country’s most popular film festivals. With a varied programming and an emphasis on the imaginative cinema of Asia, Europe and the Americas, Fantasia’s offerings range from unique and powerful personal visions to international commercial crowd-pleasers rarely seen in North America.
Fantasia is at the vanguard of international genre cinema, thanks to its distinct programming, its prominent media coverage and the record-breaking attendance by passionate film fans. Over 100,000 festival-goers attended Fantasia in 2012, and the festival has attracted over a million spectators over its duration, establishing Fantasia as an event with long-term benefits for films both big and small.
Our 2012 Edition at a Glance
- More than 109,000 festival goers in 2012
- 16 % tourists and excursionists
- More than 400 films (160 features and 245 shorts) from 30 countries
- 128 feature film premieres (80 %)
- An expanded Symposium section with 15 panels and master classes
- The world premiere of If They Came From Within: An Alternative History of Canadian Horror exhibit at the Cinémathèque Québécoise Gallery
- The First edition of The Fantasia Industry Rendez-Vous, featuring a film market and the new Frontières International Co-Production Market
- Lifetime achievement award presented to David Bordwell, American film theorist and film historian
- 300 international guests (actors, filmmakers and producers)
- More than 250 industry representatives (distributors, festival programmers and studio representatives)
- 290 media accreditations, including 115 journalists working for foreign press
- 100 local filmmakers
- 4 successful outdoor screening at Place de la Paix
- 22 prestigious jurors spread over 6 juries
- Our website—with 1,5 million page views by some 200 000 unique visitors between July 1st and August 17th 2012 alone—is a dynamic forum featuring exclusive essays and interviews added each day of the festival
- More than 30 partner sponsors, more than 10 media partners and close to 70 advertisers.
The Fantasia film festival offers an unprecedented promotional opportunity for reaching loyal, enthusiastic, educated adult consumers. This powerful and unique opportunity guarantees high visibility, not only among Fantasia’s large and sought-after audience but also through a targeted provincial and national advertising campaign.
- Prominent visibility reaching with a media blitz including television spots, a strong Internet presence, subway and bus shelter posters, and a high-profile print campaign
- Logo placement on the cover of our program guides on sale across the province, notably through SuperClub Vidéotron and HMV
- Advertisements strategically placed in our program guide
- Your ad on our free complimentary DVD included with each program guide
- The privilege of sponsoring specific films
- Commercials on our big screens before selected films
- Logo placement on our transit advertising campaign in the Montreal subway system and strategically located in some 50 bus shelters across downtown Montreal
- Visibility and links on our Web site
- VIP passes and tickets to Fantasia for your clients and/or employees
- Your logo on our eye-catching, full-colour banner, located in the centre of downtown Montreal
- the possibility of realizing promotional activities during the event
Fantasia’s official program is composed of more than 380 color pages printed on glossy paper. In 2012, more than an 100 advertisers and sponsors, many of which have been with us since the earliest edition, have taken advantage of this advertising opportunity. The program is on sale for $5.00 (suggested retail price) throughout Québec, available in chains such as HMV and SuperClub Vidéotron, and includes a DVD of the trailers of films presented during the festival as well as our sponsors’ publicity spots.
2012 Fantasia Sponsors & Partners
2012 Presenting sponsors
Sympatico.ca and Ubisoft Divertissement
2012 Partner sponsors
Anchor Bay/Starz, L’Association des réalisateurs et réalisatrices du Québec, le Bureau du cinéma et de la télévision des Laurentides, le Bureau du cinéma et de la télévision du Québec, Christie, la Cinémathèque Québécoise, le Consulat général du Japon à Montréal, Guru, HMV, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, Japan Foundation, McAuslan, Post Moderne, la SARTEC, La Société des arts technologiques de Montréal, la Société de transport de Montréal, Sono Vidéo, Spirafilm, Superclub Vidéotron, l’Union des Artistes, l’Université Concordia and Xpand.
2012 Media partners
24 heures, ADDIK TV, Canal D, CBS Affichage, CISM, The Gazette, MétroMedia Plus, STM, SYMPATICO, Télétoon, Voir and Ztélé.
FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DE FILMS FANTASIA
3450 Saint-Denis, suite 307
Montréal (Québec) H2X 3L3
Tél. : (514) 876-1760
King-Wei Chu, Pierre Roussel, Renaud Sakelaris, Isabelle Stephen